Sunday, February 20, 2005

My Last Saturday Before Work.

Well I start work on Tuesday (since Monday is President's Day). So today I needed to get some clothes and talk to Van about a cell phone. I went with my dad to Walmart and I chose 3 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, some dress shoes, and a belt...enough to start my work attire. When I asked my dad how much I owe him he told me he was dontating it to my new job fund...so I guess after this I won't be expecting him to buy much anymore, but hey it's fine because I actually have a job. After shopping we then went by to meet with my dad's friend who he talked to about the car. I looked at it and it looks exactly like a Toyota Corolla (as I understand it Geo Prism's were actually built in the same factory and just branded with a different name), it is silver with very little wear. The interior need a bit of vaccuuming but nothing that can't be cleaned, but get this its a 1991 and it has only about 46,000 miles on it. Apparently the person who drove it didn't get out much as she was elderly. I test drove it around the neighborhood and it works fine, probably better than my parent's cars (not saying that much since the newest car they have is a 1989 Oldsmoblie). The great thing also is he doesn't need the car and wants to sell it, he said he is willing to let it go for $1000 which for a car in that shape with such low milage is unheard of. I gladly accepted and we will finalize everything hopefully early this coming week after the holiday. After all that we went to to Fry's where I got myself a 1GB Flashdrive to use with work, transporting what I am currently working on back and forth which is pretty cool (especially since the last flashdrive I had was 32MB, granted I got it for free). And last but not least I got a call from Van later in the evening and we went to the cell store where his sister works, signed a few papers and got my new cell phone (Motorola v551). Van's sister also for no extra gave me a car charger, belt clip, hands free ear piece/mic, and also a data cable to transfer ring tones etc to the phone. Finished off the night eating ice cream with A.J. and Rachael and Coldstone, then going back to A.J.'s to watch a bit to the BBC's Coupling (no comparison to the US version that bombed) and SNL. All in all a very productive day I would say.

So much happening so fast, but I like it so far :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home