Saturday, February 12, 2005

Interview #2

Well last night I had another interview, this time with Lighthouse Systems Inc. When I arrived I was about 10 min early for my interview. There were two seats in the waiting room (much the same setup as AWS. There were already two people sitting there and waiting for interviews as well...they were running behind. After about 20 min or so the current interview that was going on ended and one of the 2 people sitting got up and when next. I then sat there and ended up taking to the other guy while waiting. The interview that had just gone in only took like 10-15 min which really surprised me (maybe he didn't like what he heard and left). Then the next guy went in and I was left in the lobby alone. By this time I had been waiting at least a half hour. I ended up briefly talking to two of the network guys there while waiting (one looked at some of the pics in my portfolio), they were nice probably a bit older than me but not by that much. One of the guys actully is sort of the semi-web developer, meaning he knows html, how to make sites but doesn't know the in's and out's of asp, php, etc. which is what they want. Finally after another some 40 min the last interview before me came out. It was finally my turn, an hour later than I had expected, which was fine. This was a very initial interview and he just wanted to know some about my background and what I've worked on. He then went on to tell me about the job, what they do, and other tidbits of information. The last thing he wanted to know was my salary range (I just gave him a general 40-50k). He said he has no problem with good salary. He feels if a person is producing quality work he will reward that. He explained how another guy on staff he hired continued to do good work and got 5 raises in a year (NICE). As we ended he said that he would be contacting people early next week for a longer sit-down interview and then he would make his decision by the end of next week. I shall keep my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home