Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III

Well I do have to say that I am excited to be able to see the final installment of the Star Wars saga. I never really though I would make it to the end like this. I like most others still thing the originals are the best (Episodes IV, V, VI). I can also see justification in some of the changes Lucas made to the orginals for the 1997 re-release of this years dvd release in order to clean up some of the special effect as well as ad some continuity. But then there are some changes that were better originally (some notiables: Adding Hayden Christensen to the end of Return of the Jedi, or Han-Solo shooting second in the bar scene). Still though I am not going to complain much as I find that type of critisim annoying and pointless (just like basketball players arguing calls, like the refs are really going to go back on a call just because they argue...just play the game). On the overall this is a great saga with many interesting characters and for the most part a pretty fluid storyline.

Just this past week I decided since I will be seeing Episode III that I should at least watch Episodes I & II. I do have to say I liked Episode II much more than I, probably most of all for much less of Jar-Jar (yeah, he is quite annoying and watching it again made me hate him even more) as well as a more grown up Anakin as I felt the kid who played the young Anakin's acting was a bit sub-par (but not to point of not caring about his character). Surprisingly after watching the movies again there were a number of little details I had forgotten as I haven't watched them since they came out on dvd originally. After watching these Cartoon Network aired their Star Wars: Clone Wars and as I have heard it was actually pretty good and introduces some new characters and extra story linking Episode II and III. I ended up recording it an putting it on a DVD-R disk. Last night I watched the first hour of it and actually I was pretty impressed though some of the artwork is a little annoying. I will plan on getting though that tonight and tomorrow making me fully prepared for the movie coming out Thursday.

Should be interesting and from what I have heard it lives up to the hype this time around. I am also assuming with such hype over this movie that many box office records will be broken (If Matrix: Reloaded can break records and be rated R then Star Wars can blow that out of the water being only rated PG-13).

Well that is my two cents...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home