Sunday, April 24, 2005

Yeah I Exist....I Think

Well I have pretty much neglected my blog for quite some time now. I will try and see about posting at least once a week from now on, maybe more often depending on how things are going. Let's see what has been going on. Well at work I have been working on a specific webpage for the California Peace Officers' Association. It's still in maybe what you would call beta. It's got a new look from what they used to have but it is still pretty plain and there are information problems. I will be getting information on what needs to be updated and also I will work on some of the asthetics. Oh the website is WWW.CPOA.ORG. Another project that I should be getting soon is an update on a Visual Basic / MS Access Database program. A company called Premier Pools needs some added features to their current setup and I should hopefully get the approval for working on that soon. It was a challenge at first when looking at it since my Visual Basic / Access knowledge is limited at best. I have spent the better part of a week messing around with a local copy of their program and researching online to learn quite a bit. It is actually very fulfilling to go from being a bit clueless to actually understanding how something works in such a short time. Hopefully this will prove my worth to the company and give me a bit of stability. Other than that not much has been going on. Went to the UCDavis Picnic Day last weekend and had a pretty good time. Really nice weather. Also, I went a couple of weeks ago to see Sin City in theaters. Not your typical movie, but a very exceptional movie at that. Let's see, what else. Oh yeah, yesterday managed to snag a couple of tickets for the Kings/Sonics playoff game for next Friday. That will definately be fun. And last I also got a new camera (which will be great to test out at the kings game this week). It is a Canon Powershot S1 IS, 10X optical zoom, Image Stabilization, 3.2 Megapixels (not the greatest by camera standards but plenty good enough for my usage), and possibly the coolest feature it can capture AVI video at 640x480, 30fps with sound. Here is a pic:



I will post pictures here as I take them...
Well that is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home