Sunday, February 27, 2005

First Week of Work / The Sacramento Kings

Well first I finished my first week of work. It was a bit weird getting into the morning routine and being there for a full time job, but I think I have gotten used to it. I had just a few things I needed to get finished in my first week: create a graphic for the main page of a website that they have been working on, estimate how long it will take for another website for billing purposes, and get some filler information. I also managed to get my new computer at work and put that together. Now that I have my own desk and computer and have been told about what I will be doing much of March, I will have much more direction. All in all it will definately be challenging but at the same time I am glad that I won't be bored and will have a direction to move in.

Now on the the Sacramento Kings. I know that many people have had their problems with Chris Webber over the years (especially since his injury) but at the same time he is still one of the more talented kings on the team and in Vlade's absense has become the team leader. Webber was a good player and for who we got in this trade compared to what we got in return I don't agree and hope that it doesn't kill us, not to mention that fact we also gave up Matt Barnes who had also been a pretty good contributer to the team. Yes, Webber had his problems but he has also been great in the community and has helped this franchise tremedously in the long run. It all started with Vlade, C-Webb, and Jason Williams, all three of which are now no longer on the kings. I do want to thank Chris Webber for the great sports memories and wish his well in Philidelphia. And I also think it was great that Webber as a last tribute to the fans of Sacramento he paid for this full-page ad in the Sacramento Bee:



It was interesting that the first game that the players in this trade could play was a game against each other, and wow kings win and they win because Webber missed a last second shot that would have tied it...weird:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home