Sunday, January 30, 2005

"thebroken", New Episodes Coming



Well let me first start out by saying I used to watch a show on TechTV whenever I could (though without satelite it was few and far between) called The Screen Savers.

My lovely Photoshop work for the last incarnatin of The Screen Savers before the downward spiral:


(click for larger picture)

Well a few members from this show (some infront of the camera, some behind the scenes) created an internet show called thebroken in which they talk about the dark side of tech, with some comedy (Hacking with Ramzi) and social engineering thown in as well (free pizza for life). They currently only made 3 episodes but after a long break and a move to LA, the crew has the equiment and the money to pursue both new episodes of thebroken and also some other tech related videos (much like the original Screen Savers show). I for one am glad to see this because recently G4TV.com bought TechTV.com, merged, and moved many of the cast down to LA. After a couple of months they went and fired many of the best cast members and so now it more or less revolves around gaming (now don't get me wrong I have no problems with gaming but I really don't need to watch people play games when I can be at a friends how actually playing them myself, I want the tech news, I want the latest gadgets and software). Go to their site thebroken.org and download their current episodes and check it out (DIVX required):

The two main hosts of thebroken are:

Dan "the foo" Huard (Scopetech.net)
and
Kevin Rose

For thebroken and/or new tech segments guests might include:

Alex Albrecht (Host of The Screen Savers, but was fired by G4)
Yoshi (no not the character in Mario)
Sarah Lane

And I'm sure others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home