Monday, January 24, 2005

Apartment Fire...Weird Coincidence!?!

I heard Saturday from A.J. that there was a fire in his complex in the laundry room (not too sure about other damage except for smoke damage)...well technically he had me read his blog. Well coincidentally a person I had been in contact with relating to the job I am currently in the running for posted on his blog (which I randomly checked) about a fire in a laundry room at his apartment complex. Obvioulsy they live in the same complex only minutes from where I live. Very interesing.

Here is a lovely excerpt from A.J.'s blog:
"Lunch FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! Lunch

...this annoying noise turns out to be my apartments fire alarm. A lot starts going through my mind at this point, mainly trying to figure out how to get Abby some place safe without access to a pet carrier...Turns out one of the maintenance parts of one of the laundry facilities was where it started. By the time I walked over there the whole laundry building was up in flames and it was hot enough that the stairs going up to the closest apartment was on fire, and they are made of stone and metal..."

And from the other person's blog (his name is Dustin Diaz):

"The roof is on Fire!

...And we were doing laundry today.

...My wife was chatting on the phone with an old girlfriend of hers. I said Um...There's a Fire outside...and...we need to leave...What do we take? What do we need? The Wedding pictures, the bike, the guitar, our documents......With all this said, it was quite an interesting day. Firemen everywhere, tentants in the parking lot wondering what's going on, a cop asked me a few questions. Yea, what a day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home