Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The 4th, etc.

Went with A.J. and my brother to Cal Expo and faced the crowds to watch the 4th of July fireworks show. It was cool though I realized it's more of a tradition to watch them but I guess I'm so used to it now that it isn't that spectacular to me much anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see that then the run of the mill kind you buy at the fireworks booths. Surprisingly though it didn't take long to get home really as we went around the crowds (that and I think the crowd is getting a bit smaller since they also have the fireworks show downtown each year as well).


On the Saturday before went with A.J. and my brother to see War of the Worlds. It was entertaining and better than most of the crap that comes out now-a-days in the theaters. It wasn't spectacular but it did get the point across though the aliens did surprisingly look very similar to the ones in Independance Day. I still liked Batman more. I guess the next movie I will be checking out will be The Fantastic 4. It looks pretty good though my expectations aren't really that high. I never really paid attention to Fantastic 4 growing up. I was much more into Spiderman, Batman, and X-men...especially since all were in Saturday morning cartoon form. Guess I will check it out and see how it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home