Monday, June 20, 2005

Movies This Past Weekend

Well Saturday night, A.J. and I went to see "Batman Begins." I do have to say it was very good taking you from Bruce Wayne the child, losing his parents and then on his journey which finally leads him to becoming Batman. Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia... both very good movies) directed the new movie and didn't rely just on special effect, but more on story (what a concept). I will plan on seeing it again next month when it comes out at the Imax downtown.

We also ended up seeing "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." I didn't really have any great expectations for the movie. I was plesantly surprised at the chemistry between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. It wasn't meant to be some deep movie. It provided action, quite a bit of comedy and I think it did that. Is it worth admission... maybe a matinee. Had it not been the only movie on as late as we were there I may have just waited until it came out on dvd and rented it.

All in all a good movie night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home